December 11, 2022
HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED SHOWERING WITH A VEGETABLE?
If that sounds ridiculous, allow us to introduce you to one of our all-time favourite bath essentials, the Konjac sponge. Obtained from the roots of the Asian Konjac plant, these 100% natural sponges are the perfect addition to your shower routine.
Why Should You Use a Konjac Sponge?
We love Konjac sponges and now you will too! Here are a few reasons why you need to give these bad boys a try:
- They suit everyone, and we mean everyone. They’re even gentle enough for babies!
- Their mild exfoliating abilities unclog pores, remove dead cells, and promote cell turnover, leading to balanced sebum levels, reduced acne, and smoother texture. You read that right- a vegetable could be the secret to your flawless, glowing skin!
- Blessed with a neutral pH, they help balance out your skin, regardless of whether it's oily or dry. A balanced pH = a healthy skin barrier.
- Konjac sponges are biodegradable and compostable. Once you’ve used them up, just toss them along with your veggie waste without any guilt.
- It doesn’t get more natural and sustainable than using a literal root in your shower routine!
How to Use a Konjac Sponge:
- Soak your sponge for a few seconds in warm water till it softens and grows in size.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water.
- Pour some body wash on the sponge and get your lather game on!
- Once you’re done, make sure to hang up your sponge to dry.
Get your hands on a Konjac sponge as part of ETHOSA’s Body Wash Starter Kit or even on its own here. We bet you’ll never use those ugly plastic loofahs ever again. Once you try Konjac, you’ll never go back!
About the author:
Risha Ahmed is a freelance content and copywriter specializing in skincare and beauty. She has worked with several brands over the past six years and takes a special interest in clean and sustainable beauty. When she's not busy working on her next skincare blog post, you'll find her rewatching episodes of The Office.